Greater Noida: As you all are aware that Gautam Buddha University has started its academic session 2020-21 without much delay. Before discussing about the start of academic session and related matters, we are going to apprise you all with following activities:
1. GBU is the first University in India (may Workd) which has conducted end semester exams of terminating batch through online mode for 55 programs various schools of the University. Approx 700 students participated in it with 100% attendance.
2. We are the first to conduct online entrance test (Remote Proctored Online Entrance Test) in 2 phases on June 26 & June 28 and result is declared as well and counselling is going on for the same.
3. When Other Universities and educational institutions are still planning to conduct End semester exams for terminating batch, GBU has already started its formal online classes for all intermediate batch students who have been promoted to higher semester due to COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown through online mode since July 29, 2020.
4. During the lockdown period from March 2020 till date GBU is the front runner in respect of organizing webinars on various themes (more than 150) to keep our faculty n students engaged with academic activities.
5. GBU has decided to conduct online classes for new admissions in various courses from August 13, 2020.
6. Taking cognisance of comfortability of faculty and students, University has opted to conduct online classes through Microsoft Team and Google Meet platform.
7. From secrecy point of view, University has issued email IDs of GBU to all students with a advice to login for classes with that specific individual gbu emails. It will help us in allowing only registered students into the virtual classes.
8. Some details related to ongoing counselling and admissions are:
a. Entrance Test through Remote Proctored Exam
b. 86% Attendance in Exam
c. Total Registration (2020-21) : 9790
d. Total Registration with payments (2020-21) : 5758
e. Final Admission (2020-21) : 607 Till date (August 12, 2020)
f. Online entrance test for Ph.D., M.Phil, LLM and M.Sc. Biotechnology through Remote proctored entrance test is planned to conduct on 29 and 30 August in which 1000+ will take part in above mentioned mode of admission.In Remaining programmes under direct mode (on merit basis) approx 2000 students will participate in counselling for admission. University is going to extend last date for submission of application forms from August 12, 2020 to 30 August 2020.